IT support officers undertake various technical responsibilities of an organization. They are responsible for monitoring and maintaining computer systems and Network. Installing and configuring systems, diagnosing and troubleshooting problems and managing resources among individuals and departments are some common types of jobs that an IT support Officer need to perform.
Now-a-days almost all types of organizations rely on computers for various operations and decision making process. Effective running and efficient use of technology will increase efficiency and accuracy in operations. Therefore, modern management lays emphasis on proper running and maintenance of IT systems.
In this position, it is essential to keep knowledge of all the technical aspects of hardware or software and perform the job in a professional way. Moreover, in the IT world, new technologies are introduced very often. Therefore, IT support officers need to stay updated with the recent advancement in hardware technologies and software applications. In short, this job is all about understanding how information systems work and how to optimize them to get best results.
Candidates entering into this field can boost their career by increasing and upgrading their skills within a specific industry or area. Gradual growth to specialist position can be attained with constant learning and upgrading of skills. Supervising roles can also be taken by candidates after gaining experience in job. Self-employment is also another option and candidates may choose to offer contract basis work or job based work. You may also choose to become system developer or software engineer on this field.
Acknowledging this essentiality, Code IT has launched a course as IT Support Officer Training for people who are working as a technical support officer in organization where IT systems are deployed. The course will be beneficial to them who want to gain knowledge in different technical aspects related to IT.
With this course we aim to develop fundamental knowledge required in the smooth operation of computer systems and hardware. This course aims to develop various skills such as technical skills, organizational skills, logical skills for developing plans and strategies in the candidates for efficient use and allocation of resources within the organization.
MODULE 1: TRAINING DETAILS
IT support officers main responsibility is to ensure the smooth operation of the computer system within the organization. They facilitate other staffs by helping them with the common computer problems they encounter during the work. Some of the common task performed by IT support officer includes the following things:
- install and uninstall system software and application software
- assemble computer hardware
- troubleshooting hardware problems and replacing the damaged hardware parts with the new one
- ensure the smooth operation of network devices and computers in a LAN
- assist staffs and help them in fixing common computer problems
- keep inventory of the running devices and damaged devices
- help staffs to update the software on release of newer versions
- install and configure new systems by going through the manuals and diagrams
- defining access level privilege for the users
- keep index of the hardware and software suppliers along with third party support
- test and implement new technology as and when required
- ensure proper backup system to recover on hardware failures
A person who wants to work as a IT support technician can find a job easily because it is required by every organization where use of computer is high. IT support technician can also get contract based jobs like the monthly maintenance contract of cyber cafe and other small offices.